CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 8 July 2011

Just a quick one

Just a short post, today I am writing away like a little ferret (not that ferrets write, but you know what I mean) and a few of you have been asking what my story is about.

For years, I have written stories. And I have always said that one day I would complete one and send it to a publisher. But I never have and so I decided that this would be the year where I would do it. I wasn't sure where to start, I needed to think of something that would not only interest people and make them want to read, but also pull on the heartstrings a little. Then, one night, I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep when an idea came to me so I jotted it all down in a notebook and the next morning I wrote up a storyboard. It is involving a lot of research so I'm hoping that it'll pay off in the end.

I won't go into too much detail about the story, only to say a few basics. I don't want anybody stealing it after all. It is about two sisters, both adopted at birth (but not the same age) who find each other then begin looking for their biological mother who turns out to be on Death Row for a crime she insists she didn't commit. Of course, the story is far more in depth than that and there are many twists and turns in it. But I will say no more at the risk of giving too much away. Anyway, I just thought I would stick in the first paragraph of the story on here for people to look at if they so wish, to maybe get a feel about it. Until it is finished and sent to a publisher though, nobody will be allowed to read the whole thing from start to finish.

"18th July 1988. An unusual grey cloud hung over the skies of Sacramento, California. Inside the general hospital, a young girl lay on a hospital bed, staring out of the window. After a few seconds, a small whimper brought her back to life and she turned to face her bedside. There, lying in a clear plastic cot, was a baby. A tiny little human, with tiny fingers and a tiny nose. A tear fell down the girls’ cheek. Touching the cot tenderly, she mouthed “I’ll never forget you” at the beautiful blue eyed baby who was staring up at her. Then, a knock at the door roused her and she wiped the tear and sat upright in bed."
I may post more paragraphs on here as the story goes on. But yeah, there you go. Now I should get back to writing.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment